The big line
One or two long ropes and notes
The long ropes are placed in a long line on the floor. Then the students could make a timeline by placing notes that organize the events or concepts in chronological order.
- Geography – The different planets’ distance to the sun.
- Social studies – political parties on a left wing to right wing spectrum
- History – the events of World War II
- Human biology – the digestive process of a human being
- Literature – a course of action in a short story e.g. a Hollywood model
- The long rope can also be placed in a circle to illustrate a circuit where academic development processes can be placed.
- The skipping ropes can also be used as arrows in a large scaled circuit. An example couldbe the water cycle where the water cycle is drawn in chalk on the ground. The skipping ropes combine the concepts of evaporation, condensation, rainfall,